Saturday 31 December 2011

Album Of The Year 2011

And now the end is near, and so I face my final curtain, My friends i'll say it's album of the year, I'll state my case of which i'm (sort of) certain

Number 1
OTHER LIVES - TAMER ANIMALS


So there you have it my album of the year is the brilliant effort from Other Lives in there second album Tamer Animals. Why is it album of the year I hear you cry? Well because it's new, it's different, it's exciting. From the moment they wandered onto a stage at End Of The Road I knew i'd like this band, they just had it! They had beards, and all sorts of instruments and a girl shaking antlers with bells on like a tambourine! They blew me away in that little tend and I rushed out after the festival and picked up Tamer Animals. It's just wonderful, it's an aural delight, the sort of album that just creates a mood and an atmosphere and sucks you into it. Shades of Midlake, Local Natives and Fleet Foxes but ultimately a sound all their own and one I personally adore!

It was a tough call with so many great albums this year but we have a winner, see you in 12 months time for yet another epic battle. Can't wait to hear what the likes of The Shins, Field Music and everyone else has in store for us

No comments:

Post a Comment